Tuesday, February 9

Ads of the Weak, Part I


An area Dodge dealership bombards my omelette-and-coffee TV airwaves every morning with their muscle-flexing truck ads, "We Got Your Back!"

If that level of grade-school grammatical abuse isn't bad enough, they follow with, "Nobody Knows Trucks Like Us!" Makes me want to run right out and buy a handgun, but not a truck.

Their target market, it seems, is made up mostly of knuckle-dragging pre-teen chimps.
(Note: Their web site is written by and for adults, probably of the boiler-template variety, "Fill in dealer name here, fill in dealer address here".

Thus spake the rabbit.

5 comments:

Jan said...

Does "Part 1" imply that I can look forward to more????

Love the photo. Pretty much how I feel today.

Le Grand Lapin said...

Jan, I think there's plenty of material to draw upon. I'll runout of Roman numerals before I run out of bad ad grammar.

tom said...

There should be specific categories for advertisements. This clearly would fall under the "Redneck trailer trash Guns Guts and Glory America Love It Or Leave It Bush-Cheney" slot. Knuckle-draggers, indeed.

Le Grand Lapin said...

I'm disappointed that I can't find video for this ad on YouTube. It's incomplete without the WWE, Monster Truck, Sunday!-Sunday!-Sunday! thunder and lightning growling voice over.

Applecart T. said...

you forgot: "now more than ever."