Thursday, October 28

Return of the Pedantic Smart-Ass

Invocation of a forty-five year-old high-camp TV version of young Robin's over-used emotive style to Batman, with its "Pow" and "Zapp" starburst onomatopoeia, leads me to believe that the shirts do not have actual holes, but rather something made the creator of this sign believe that this was, in some way, a funny or ironic reference to a long-dead cultural milepost. In my mind, it is neither.

It is also likely that said creator is pushing, or possibly pulling, sixty.

Thus spake the rabbit.

4 comments:

Snowbrush said...

I fashioned my entire way of expressing myself after the emotive style of the character called Robin, and now you tell me he went overboard! Next, you'll go after Gomer Pyle, and I copied his hairstyle and mannerisms.

Le Grand Lapin said...

Gomer is totally off-limits. What kind of person would I be if I attacked the best and brightest of Mayberry? I mean, he's a Marine, fer cryin' out loud.

Snowbrush said...

"Gomer is totally off-limits."

At least you hold SOMETHING sacred.

"...he's a Marine, fer cryin' out loud."
Actually, I heard that he recently retired after 46 years as a PFC. He had held out thinking he would make corporal someday, but his retirement was pretty much mandatory as I heard it.

tom said...

Then again, it is entirely possible that the reason for the low, low price of the T-shirts is that they are indeed riddled with holes, hence unsalable except to only the desperate, the unwary or those who favor bargains regardless of their dubious qualities.